Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Double Time Leopard Glitter Gradient Tutorial

Hey everyone! When I did my "Bloody Mummy Wrappings Tutorial" I went through the hassle of photographing each step then combining them. It's hard to take decent photos in my apartment, so it was way more trouble than I thought! For these nails, I decided to go with a graphic tutorial since the methods are pretty basic. Hit "Read More" to see the tutorial!




   
Step 1: After applying a base coat, apply a coat of white or gold polish (depending on the opacity of your glitter).
Step 2: Apply 1-2 coats of a gold glitter. In the photos below, I used Sinful Colors All About You.
Step 3: Using a red/copper glitter, create a gradient starting on the bottom of the nail. Apply a second coat, concentrating on the base of the nail. I was using a jelly/very sheer glitter, so I just used the brush to apply. For more concentrated glitters I suggest a sponge!

Decide which colors/nails you want to be accents, and use either A or B! I used A for the accents on my index and middle fingers, B on everything else :)

Step 4A: Starting at the base of your nail, randomly apply large dots of a light blue polish. For my look I used Essie's Lapiz of Luxury.
Step 5A: Using a darker blue/navy, make small irregular C's and parentheses ( ) around the dots. Try to vary the direction and size of these.
Step 6A: For a more natural look, to fill in spots, and make the leopard gradient more noticeable add tiny dots with the dark blue. Let these extend almost to the tip of your nail!

Step 4B: Starting at the tip of your nail, randomly apply large dots of a coral/pink polish.
Step 5B: Using a dark plum/purple, make small irregular C's and parentheses ( ) around the dots. Try to vary the direction and size of these.
Step 6B: For a more natural look, to fill in spots, and make the leopard gradient more noticeable add tiny dots with the dark plum/purple. Let these extend almost to the base of your nail!

Cover everything with a top coat and wait to dry - all done!



Here's how it looks in person:




No comments:

Post a Comment